Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The frontal lobe

Recently, many books about human brain are published and brain training is popular among Japanese. Especially, the prefrontal cortex in the frontal lobe. Main ways to train them are reading aloud and simple calculation.

I read some books that were written by Professor Kawashima who is a foremost researcher of brain imaging. According to him, the frontal lobe of animals isn't developed. To put it simply, it is responsible for humanlike behavior. And the frontal lobe is off work during sleeping. I understood!

In the dream, there are many unbelievable affairs, for example, I can fly in the sky, I talk with animals, etc... If those things happen in the real world, everyone are surprised and think it is strange. But in the dream, I am not surprised even if I fly in the sky. I always think why I'm not surprised and feel strange at all in the dream.

I understood now. It's because the frontal lobe is off work. Professor Kawashima said the dream is coherent if the frontal lobe works during sleeping. I see.

No comments: