Sunday, November 20, 2005

Refreshing change

My English doesn't improve AT ALL. My learning way isn't appropriate? What is better way for me? Recently I'm thinking about those and I feel woolly. (Woolly... I'm not sure that this word means correctly what I want to say.)
I realized yesterday that speaking skill was worse rather than not improve. Terrible.

So I planed to change my English material for a refreshing change. I don't change the way to study, dictation, overlapping, shadowing. Just changing material. I hope I can emerge from chaos.

It was said that with making a line graph of language proficiency level, the line isn't rise averagely. The line is horizontal for a while and then rises up suddenly. And it's horizontal again for a while. That is repeated. It seems that the sudden sharp rising is called "breakthrough".

I wonder when my "breakthrough" comes?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"wooly" is right...it is like saying you are confused or that things are nor clear.

i think you are right about the way to look at the line that measures language proficiency. except that mine is going down!

Azxel said...

"My English hasn't improved at all"...

Give it some time. No one masters something overnight. With dedication, perseverance and patience, you'd soon master English. So, give it some time...

=)

sand said...

Kirk,
Thank you. Yes, I wanted to mean that things were not clear. It's moyamoya in Japanese.

sand said...

Chris,
Oh, Thank you. I always said "my English doesn't improve"...

Yes, I should give it time. It's difficult to keep my motivation. Haha. Thank you.