Friday, September 15, 2006

My motivation to study English is a little up?

I don't like being praised. It sometimes makes me uncomfortable. (Am I strange?)

English speakers praise my English. But I'm sure it's a flattery because I know well my English is very poor. In fact, I praise foreigners who speak Japanese even if their Japanese are not so much. (But I really praise their effort to learn Japanese that is much more difficult than English.)

I had the interview with CEO of one company yesterday and he praised my English. I know it was flattery as usual. But he also said that my pronunciation was good. I was a bit glad even if it was flattery too. Hehe... :-) I thought I would continue my studying English for believing my way.

By the way, his character was very nice and amiable. I think he has an ability to create a favorable impression. I realized I was with people around me with a soft heart for a while after the meeting with him.

No comments: