Friday, May 16, 2008

Incomprehensive Japanese

I like toddlers very much and I have some favorite toddler's blog sites. One of them is written in French. So I always have the site translated using Google language tool.

Until now, there was no translation from French to Japanese so I had used French-English translation, but Google language tool seems to have been updated. I found French-Japanese translation the other day.

I tried it. Hmm... It seems that I might as well use French-English. I completely can't understand Japanese which Google language tool translated. I have known that every Internet translation system translates into Japanese very oddly. You can say it's not Japanese. haha.
Very easy example is...
There was a French sentence which means "I played piano".
A sentence translated into English means;
"I made piano".
I can understand.
A sentence translated into Japanese means;
"I am piano". What??

I know, I know. Grammar of Japanese language, especially word order, is much different from English, French, German, Italian... (Japanese and Korean are the same.) So I can understand that there is limitation to translate from those languages into Japanese.
I just want to read my favorite site in my language...

No comments: