Monday, May 26, 2008

The same person or just resembling?

Probably I have written about it on this blog some times that I'm really weak at distinguish foreginers' faces. Their faces sometimes look the same for me.

This tends to be disadvantage when I watch foreign dramas and movies. For example, I occasionally misunderstand that a character A and a character B are the same person, or a character C is a different person from him/her in another scene. Then stories don't make sense.

Such being the case, I'm not sure but...
The police officer Matt, who is my favorite character in "HEROES", is acted by the same actor as Eric Wiess who is one of CIA members in "Alias"? Am I wrong?

3 comments:

Rick Cogley said...

Yeah, that's the same guy, Greg Grunberg:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0342399/

Cheers,
Rick

Rick Cogley said...

By the way, I used to be weak at distinguishing foreigners' faces, when I first came to Japan. Now after 20 years I can see subtle differences between Asians from Japan, China, Korea etc. Perhaps it just takes time, S.

sand said...

Oh, he has been in many dramas! He also appeared in Mission: Impossible III. I haven't watched it.
I learned a new word "subtle" from your comment. It's a usable word. I can use it in various situations. Thank you!