Monday, May 26, 2008

My bad listening comprehension #9

The sentence in this time is;
"Most companies don't go as far as allowing..."

I can hear "most companies don't quest ...", even if I hear it repeatedly.
"Go as" and "quest". Those are entirely different though...

At the last my wrong listening is; "might go" --> "Michael".
(Ref: http://sandfriend.blogspot.com/2008/04/my-bad-listening-comprehension-8.html )
It seems that I tend to hear "K" for "g". My ear is very strange, and... probably isn't cut out to hear English?

One more my bad listening.
"They'd be encouraged to work harder."
I can hear;
"They'd been carzed to..." (There is no word "carzed" though.)

Terrible. My listening skill is really terrible.

2 comments:

Rick Cogley said...

I used to get this same thing in Japanese. What do you do to correct it, besides blogging about it?

When I found something like that I did not understand in Japanese, I'd say it again and again until it became "mine". Just a thought, but it does make you appear like you're a bit "off your rocker" if you do it outside!!!

:-)

sand said...

I also repeat sentences many times, synchro-reading and shadowing. I always listen to English sentences through my headset. So sometimes I am mumbling while walking. I often become "off your rocker"! haha.