Tuesday, October 18, 2005

My goals on the future chronology

Yesterday was my birthday and I set up goals and made my future chronology.

I set up some goals. Of course one of them is "English". I will score over 900 on TOEIC exam in 3 years. (Oh! You think it's impossible now, don't you?)

Another is that I will do activities to help poor children in the world. At the present time, I do something I can do a little by little. I hope I will do the activities worldwide in the future.

There are many poor people in the world. Especially I'd like to help children.
For example, street children. One Filipino girl works in dump all day and get small changes. They can eat lean meals only every 3days.
For example, children who are in the battlefields, children who are in the disaster areas, children who are in the poorest countries.
When they play with their friends, they really enjoy a good laugh, although they are in the harsh situation. When I see their smile, I feel near tears. They can't go to school but they have strong desire to study. So I'd like to do activities to make situation that children can go to school. I think foods are needed before education though.

#=#=# According to a book "If the world were a village of 100 people". #=#=#

If you have money in the bank, money in your wallet and spare change somewhere around the house, you are among the richest 8.

Among the villagers,
1 has a college education, 2 have computers, 14 cannot read.
#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#


I have money in the bank, in my wallet. I had gone to university. I have my computer.
And these are things most Japanese take for granted. But these are very very rare things in the world. I must be thankful for my situation.

6 comments:

Azxel said...

that's great. there aren't any helpless kids in your country now is there? what do you intend to do?

i believe that children need to enjoy their childhood. sometimes, when i look at children these days (those with better lives), i can't help but wonder what the world will turn to in the future...

Anonymous said...

Sand!
Hey - that is too much pressure!! My birthday is in ten minutes and I am not ready to make goals or a chronology!

But you are very noble...good for you! I am impressed.

sand said...

Chris,
Helpless kids in Japan?
Level of "poor" is MUCH different between Japan and other countries. EVERY Japanese child goes to school. There're NEVER street children in Japan. (There are adult homeless though.)
Sometimes there is street donation for traffic orphans. But all of them go to school, eat foods everyday. Some of them go to even university.
I think Japan is really rare country.

In Japan, it's said that even homeless has no trouble eating.

sand said...

Kirk,
*~*~*~* Happy birthday! *~*~*~*
I hope you enjoy your special day!!
(^o^)/

Azxel said...

maybe wrong place to post this but... happy (belated) birthday kirk!

i guess that's the difference between developed countries and developing countries. the people are much better taken care of.

sand said...

Hmm... Even if it's developed countries or richest countries, there are street children, people who can't eat foods enough...
Problem of the gap between rich and poor.