Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Playoff is...

Lotte won the first league title in the past 31 years.
(This article is about Japanese professional baseball.)

I'm a fan of Giants. But I like Lotte. BUT! Actually I wanted Softbank to win. Softbank was a runaway leader in the pennant race. I think playoff system is very strange and it should be abolished. It's true that playoff games warm up but it's disadvantage for the team that is a leader in the pennant race. The leader team must wait no less than two weeks to play the games because 2nd team and 3rd team play the games at first.
It is also strange that 3rd team can play in playoff.

Although Softbank was a leader in pennant race for the second consecutive year, it lost the league title for the second consecutive year.

Anyway, Japan series will start this weekend. Lotte vs Hanshin. I intend to cheer Lotte. Go in and win for Softbank that lost the title!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sand!
EVERYONE is a fan of the Giants. You should support Lotte! If I had a favorite Japanese baseball team it would be Yakult Swallows. But only because they are the closest team to where I live.

Chris - thanks for the kind wishes

sand said...

No, no! Don't lump me in with many Giants fan. I'm a real, enthusiastic fan of Giants. And I love baseball.

Aren't you a European? Baseball isn't popular in Europe, is it?

Oh, you live near Jingu? It seems that each our places are not so far.

Anonymous said...

I am American...I grew up watching baseball and I love it. But I have never been to a baseball game in Japan. I keep meaning to go, but I never do. It looks like I will have to wait until next year.

If you live near Jingu you should be a Swallows fan now!

sand said...

Mr. Furuta became a playing manager of Yakult. He is most popular player among Yakult fan.
You should go to see the game.
(^.^)