Saturday, July 01, 2006

After the draining duel -- the World Cup quarter finals 1

At the World Cup, the top 8 were decided and the first game of them started today.

The first game Germany vs. Argentina has finished just now. It was very good and exciting game. The game was sent to the extra time but it wasn't decided, and then Germany won by the penalty shootout. In this game, I cheered for Germany, but I felt very sorry for Argentina when the player who missed his penalty kick was crying. Both of teams played great and tough game. The penalty shootout is cruel way to decide a winner.

I like watching sports. But I always have heartache when I see losers.

Person of the match I choose is Lehmann of Germany. He made many great saves. I can understand that he took over the regular position of the goalkeeper from Kahn.

It's 3:20 am in Japan now. Midnight. But the game of Ukraine I cheer for will start soon, at 4:00 am. I can't sleep yet.

No comments: