Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Movie: The Da Vinci Code

I went to see the movie, The Da Vinci Code today.

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/thedavincicode

Hmm... It mostly stuck closely to the original, it means it scratched the surface of the story. The original is more complicated and deeper. For example, there are deep stories about Silas, but I think people who don't read the original think of him as a mere lunatic. But it can't be helped. It's difficult to condense such an original into about 2 hours.

Did you read the original and watch the movie? There was one thing that was MUCH different from the original. To be more exact, the thing was different from MY IMAGE.
When I read the original, I though Lt. Collet who was Captain Fache's subordinates was still young, late 20s or early 30s. But!! I was very very surprised because he was a middle-aged man in the movie. What!! He looked like even older than Captain Fache.

Is it Ron Howard's image?

No comments: