Monday, July 10, 2006

My general comment on the 2006 World Cup

The World Cup has finished. I really enjoyed it, I often blame soccer though. I knew many foreign players I hadn't know, so I intend to take note of European soccer more than ever.
Most articles in this blog these days were about the World Cup. It is the last article about it, maybe. Thank you for entertaining me with nice playing.

I tried to choose MY AWARDs.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ Best Player Award _/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Klose (Ger_FW) and Lampard (Eng_MF)

Their positioning was very good and they were good passers. (Although Klose is a FW.) And they seldom overbalance even if opposition player hits them. Lampard couldn't play so well this World Cup, but it's enough for me to know his ability.

It's notable that they don't do soccer's typical bad things most players often do. Top players of top players are superior on not only playing but also mentality.



_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ New Face Award _/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Lahm (Ger_DF)

He is still young, 22 years old. And he is 170 cm tall, very small. (Actually He and I stand at even height. Haha. I'm tall as a Japanese woman.) But he ran and ran a---nd ran all around the pitch and made a lot contribution to the team that was the 3rd place.

When I saw his playing, I always wondered why his cheeks went red and its shapes were triangle.




_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ Coach Award _/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Australia's coach Hiddink

He is really a good coach. At the 1998 France, his team Netherlands placed in the top 4. It's no wonder because Netherlands is on of soccer superpowers. But he placed in the top 4 again at the head of Korea at the 2002 World Cup! His ability as a coach was called "Hiddink's magic" at the time.
This time, I thought Australia was very good team. Unfortunately they were defeated by Italy but they played very well and I thought they would win the game against Italy. Italy won the cup. I think it represents how great Australia team.



_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ Best Team Award _/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Germany

I was cheering for England and Ukraine, especially England. There were many talented players in England team.
But I choose Germany team for this award.
There are many young players, and both young and experienced players did well together. Prior evaluation of them wasn't good but they placed the 3rd. They were growing in the World Cup and became a good team.



_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ Special Award _/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Japanese chief referee Kamikawa

Referees are also tournament system like games. Only good referees can be in charge of next game. Kamikawa refereed just one game at the last World Cup. This time, he refereed 3 games including the 3rd-place match with a Japanese assistant referee Hiroshima, result of Japanese soccer team was terrible though. We are proud of them. In fact, Kamikawa's judge was very good!
I didn't know referees also could get medals. They got bronze medals as with Germany.



_/_/_/_/_/_/ Nice-looking Award _/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Friedrich (Ger_DF)

My friend said she wasn't interested in the 2006 World Cup so much but she watch games. Especially she checked cool guys. Oh---! I forgot to do it because I was watching games with fascination. I might have missed out on any cool guys?






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's it for the Awards of MY CHOICE. By the way, real awards are followings.

Golden Ball Award ==> Zidane (Fra_MF)

Golden Shoe Award ==> Klose (Ger_FW) 5 goals

Best Young Player Award ==> Podolski (Ger_FW)
(Qualification is all players born on or after 1 January 1985.)

No comments: