Sunday, July 02, 2006

Men's crying remains me my days as a player.

Two of four quarterfinals games were decided in penalty shootout... Showdown by penalty shootout is very cruel.

Players fight for 90 minutes, and for 30 minutes extra game. They tough it out, and then penalty shootout. Defeat by penalty shootout gives much stronger shock. Many players cried.


Beckham of England gave away 7 minutes into the second half as injury, and he was crying in the bench. As for I wrote before, I was a handball player when I was a student. I have experience that I watched our game from the bench as injury so I know so well how he feels.

After the game, England players were crying and Beckham comforted them. I also know how they feel. When I played handball, our target was the top 8. At the game of a tournament, we were defeated by 1 point, just one point. (In handball game, total score usually is over 10 at least, not like soccer.) If we won the game, we could be the top 8. We couldn't stop crying.

Fortunately, we placed in the top 8 at the our last tournament. Of course we were so happy, but I remember we didn't talk at all on a bus home. Probably we felt totally drained of energy because of achieving our target. Haha.

Now, I wonder how England players are feeling. I hope they will show their good playing soon.

No comments: