Sunday, September 04, 2005

Bounceback

I heard taped English talking in last English lesson. I couldn't understand what he was talking AT ALL!! I can talk to some foreigners in English because they speak English using very easy words and sentence for me. But I can't understand foreign movies, English news programs and so on. I know my listening skill is terrible. It is one of causes that I can't catch correct pronunciations native speakers. But major cause is that I have too small vocabulary. I can't catch words I don't know. BUT! the taped English talking was for lesson for my skill level. And it was the first chapter of the textbook. I'm worried about the future.

So I'm discouraged about studying English.

I found one book at a bookstore. Title is "The improvement of English using NHK English programs.". I'm studying using one of NHK programs. Repeating, overlapping, shadowing, dictation... there wasn't any new things in the book. But I recovered from my discouragement a little.

2 comments:

Pilarcita said...

Don't give up! Your english is not that bad... Good luck!

sand said...

Dear piarcita,

Thank you for your encouragement!!
Yes, I continue to study English.

I visited your blog site but unfortunately I couldn't read it. I wonder it is wrriten in Italian or French...